The Build Walkthrough:
- Here is the beginning stage of this build.
- This is the view from the back. As you can see both front and back are in pretty good shape and only require sanding before we apply the WudTone finish. Name of the color is Azure Lagoon.
- Here is the cut out before we cut the holes for the electronics
- This is after the cut outs. We have to rout the edge and clean it up before ir is final
- We were able to find a matching neck for this Peavey Raptor guitar. It also was in great shape and after cleaning we added a couple coats of lacquer and called it a day.
- Here is a view of the head stock. Again in great condition.
- There was however a missing marker in the 7th fret. All we did was from our inventory find one that matched and placed it in its spot with some Hide Glue
- The next three shots are final views of the finish. Now we start to clean up the pick guard choose some electronics from inventory and attache the neck.
- Here is a closer shot of the back. You can see how the color brings out the wood grain.
- You can see how we cleaned up the electronic cut outs.
- This is just another angle of the body.
- This is one of the WudTone stains that seems to be easier than others to apply. I would definitely use this color again. The WudTone stains are a bit expensive. They are about $50 per guitar body.