The Build Walkthrough:
- As an example to the condition of the neck here is a shot of the back of the head stock.
- The body cleaned up nicely. Just took some fine sand paper and cleaned it up.
- The neck was the only thing that took any work to get it back to bare wood.
- Sometimes you do some really dumb things. At the back of the head stock you can see the reject stamp. However I sanded the serial number right off.
- Since I learned from my mistake on the back I was real carful to try and keep the head stock looking good.
- Here is a look a both the neck and body all cleaned up.
- I wish I had taken some shots as i build up to the color because this color was not really what I was thinking, but it actually looked cool.
- How the neck came out with the color.
- I used a cans of lacquer instead of getting out the gun and compressor.
- The headstock was a bit tricky trying to not take too much off the top.
- As the lacquer builds up the color came out even more.
- Clean shot of the back.
- The following are some shots of how it turned out. NICE!
- Her is a full shot of the guitar.
- From the side.
- Close up of the neck.
- I like to try and do something different with each build. I used an ebony arch top bridge, tailpiece, tuning knobs and all black hardware. I had an ebony finger rest but It would not fit.
- The tailpiece
- The truss rod cover is where I engrave the name, Dark Hollow.
At this time, Mike is my electrician, and without him the guitars would not play. He also double checks the set up. I had a great time working on this project and the guitar sounds great. You don’t even have to plug it in, but that’s no fun.