The Build Walkthrough:
- Here is a clean shot of the front.
- A clean shot of the back
- …complete back.
- After setting the neck we glued it in with some titebond glue.
- The top view of the front.
- Shot of the side and you can see the binding on both sides
- Neck shot
- Here is a close up of the back
- After applying the stain
- We start to build up lacquer coats
- Shot of the back
- …the head stock
- The inlay sticker on the front of the guitar is a replica of the tiger on Jerry’s guitar. Its positioned a bit differently but thought it would look pretty good with it straight up and down. On Jerry’s it is horizontal. These stickers are .07″ thin and after a few coats of lacquer they look great.
- Being a loyal Grateful Dead fan I added the Tiger.
- Here you can see how the inlay sticker looks after a few coats of lacquer
- The back really came out looking great.
- This is the picture of my first completed guitar
- On the head stock we also included Jerry’s Eagle-Earth inlay.
- The pick guard that we cut out , is just a bit bigger than the standard. I added the Steal Your Face by routing a small circle and dropping it in.
- High Gloss Back
- Grover Tuners
- Close Up of Pick Guard
- Here is a full view.
So, the above build is what started it all. I had a great time doing it and was hooked. It took around 4-5 months to build as we only worked on it during the weekend. Cheers!